Senior Software Developer
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Are you a Software Developer with at least 5 years of programming experience?
Pingar Auckland is actively looking to expand our product-driven R&D team and we have a full-time position available.
You will join a team working on user friendly text analytics tools. We combine structured and unstructured data and make them available to end users via intuitive user interfaces and visualizations. Our products are innovative, valuable and fun.
Your direct team mates will be clever junior, medium and senior-level developers, as well as researchers, who have expertise in Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Text Mining and User Experience. At Pingar we value everyone’s input and ideas, it really is a team effort. We need people who want to create, who want to learn and share their knowledge.
Specific Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience designing, building and delivering software products
- In depth knowledge of the Microsoft .NET technology stack
- Passion for building intuitive, usable products and understand the importance of UX design
- Experience in software testing, software versioning, quality assurance and release of software
- Understanding web services and web service security (IIS)
- Desire to contribute to the improvement of the software development process
- Excellent communication skills
Ideally, the candidate should have experience with at least one of the following too:
- Search technologies (Solr etc)
- UI Design / Front End Web development
- Developing SharePoint and ASP.NET applications
- Working with Big Data (e.g. using Apache Hadoop)
Our spacious Auckland office is located on Quay Street and has expansive views of the Auckland harbour. It is conveniently located close to the major transportation hub Britomart, with buses, trains and ferries leaving at the building’s door step.
We will start interviewing immediately. Position will remain open until filled.