Pingar develops enterprise software that allows businesses to answer questions from large sets of data. We combine structured and unstructured data and make them available to end users via intuitive user interfaces and visualizations. Our products are innovative, valuable and fun. We value everyone’s team effort, input and ideas. We need people who want to learn and share knowledge – people who take pride in their work. Our team is small which means these roles come with great expectations and opportunities. We deal with clients ranging from NZ govt depts to largest multi-nationals, on and offshore. Metadata is the new Big Data. We work with large amounts of big corporate data. Databases and structured data are solved problems, the new frontier to be solved is unstructured data, which is our focus.
In order to be considered, you must be living in NZ now, hold a New Zealand full work visa, NZ Residency or NZ Citizenship to be considered for this role.
We are recruiting a Senior PreSales Engineer to join our dedicated, hardworking team. Role purpose and context: Pingar is an exciting growth business from NZ to the world. We are looking for a person who loves to build real trust with prospective customers by understanding their business and how Pingar can make a difference. You need deep technical skills to understand often large and complex enterprise environments including document management systems and supporting platforms. You will have that blend of technical knowhow and sales skills to enjoy the hunt and the excitement when the Pingar team win a new customer site. This role requires technical chops & a very senior, deeply skilled PreSales Engineer with significant confidence in client-facing activity.
This is not your normal Pre-Sales role. Our ideal candidate will thrive on being a key contributor to the development of our business. You will get the opportunity to bring back customer insights that directly translate in to how we enhance existing products or develop completely new ones that help our business grow.
Mandatory Technical Skills:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a PreSales / PreSales Engineer role with the following technical expertise.
- Minimum 4+ years experience with Information Management projects in, or for large organisations which must include:
- ECMS / EDRMS Implementations (SharePoint / Office 365)
- Technically smart in Sharepoint space / fast learner
- Minimum 4+ years experience with Information or Knowledge Management projects in or for large organisations which ideally include some of:
- Defensible disposal of data, retention and archiving
- Information security, including PII, PHI and confidential content
- Data-loss protection
- Records Management
- Search projects
- Experience with projects in Financial Services, Banking, Insurance or Government or Healthcare and Life-sciences
- Demonstrated ability to write basic scripts in a scripting language: e.g. PowerShell, Bash
- Create content for collateral
- Maintain / build demo environments
- Demonstrated ability to present demonstrations and other information to groups
- Demonstrated ability to write emails suitable for prospects
- Influence & input into developing product
- Problem solving
Travel & Other
Some international and domestic travel is expected several times a year to Asia, North America and Europe. You will also be on calls to Asian, North America and European time zones so flexibility in your working hours is required
Win deals through product and solution expertise
– Conduct demonstrations to partners and prospects focussing on the use cases needing to be highlighted
– Build and maintain demonstration environments and scripts
– Provide answers to detailed product enquiries during the sales cycle
– Implement Proof-of-Concept projects with customers
– Sales support at events such as trade shows, conferences
– Develop content to enhance the opportunity to win deals
– General tasks required to promote and progress a deal
Successful Implementations from a technical/product perspective
– Advise customers on how to implement projects
– Assist customers with implementation questions of a solution or product nature
– Assist customers or R&D team to adapt taxonomies as required
– Provide technical assistance during implementation
Input to product roadmap and capabilities
– Identify and report on prospects and customers requirements for projects in order to provide a more suitable experience for customers and win more deals
– Identify and report on training and documentation issues and improvements in order to facilitate easier implementation and customer operations
Domain and Product Expertise
– Write content for website with marketing, or speaking at conferences
– Understand and provide input on direction and trends in Information Management
– Competitor product analysis
Softer Skills Required: Good communication
– Present complex information during sales effectively
– Effectively transfer relevant information in an appropriate and timely manner
– Ensure others understand the information you are communicating, ask questions and clarify information if unsure or potential for confusion could arise
– Highly professional, polished, confident, an articulate communicator, strong negotiation skills.
Self starting and capable of learning
– Takes initiative to learn something with the resources available.
– Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, for effective exchange of ideas in cross-functional teams. Team player, demonstrate independent time management skills and passionate about your career
– Demonstrates the ability to learn software products rapidly
– Quick to learn new technology, adaptable, flexible, proactive
– Strong critical, analytical skills, methodical & exceptional eye for detail, think outside the square.
– Comprehend a situation by breaking it down into it’s components
– Identify key issues in a complex situation
– Ask questions and probes to get to the root of a situation
– Identify relationships and causal links in a problem or situation
Our spacious Auckland office is located on lower Anzac Avenue and close to the major transportation hub Britomart, with buses, trains and ferries less than 5 minutes’ walk distance.
Please present your fully updated cv and MUST include detailed synopsis of your expertise directly related to the role to: Sally.Jackson@Pingar.com. Please also confirm that you have either New Zealand citizenship or NZ Residency or a current NZ Work Visa. If you have any questions, please call to 022 319 2100